Alan Schaller is a London based photojournalist and street photographer.
He specialises in black and white photography and is drawn to geometric scenes, light and shadow, and moments conveying the realities and diversities of human life.
Photography began for Alan in London but has now taken him all around the world to places including Africa, The Middle East, The USA, Australia and much of Asia and Europe.
UK based publications who have featured his photographs include The Financial Times, Time Out, Buzzfeed, The Independent and The Metro. His work has also been internationally published online and in print.
Alan has written a number of articles for The Independent focusing on humanitarian issues. His author page can be found through this link.
Clients he has photographed for include Typhoo, Phillips, The English Rugby Premiership, Union Coffee, Kew Gardens, Huntsman of Savile Row, and he was the photographer for the Illuminesca show during London Fashion Week.
Last year Alan co-founded the Street Photography International (SPi) collective, dedicated to promoting the best work in the genre. The SPi Instagram page is the fastest growing street photography account in the world with over 300,000 followers to date, a number that is rapidly climbing each week. SPi has a highly engaged monthly audience of over 7 million people and receives more than 50,000 image submissions each month.
Articles Written & Photographed (Click to view)
- The Independent - How The Authorities Failed The Children Of The Calais 'Jungle'
- The Independent - The Evolution Of Fairtrade - Why We Need To Go Further
- The Independent - A Hospital Where Israeli And Arab Doctors Work Together To Save Lives
- The Independent - Rwandan Coffee
- The Independent - Sport And Mental Health In The Calais Jungle
- The Independent - Calais Refugee Camp
- The Australian - Calais Jungle
Interviews & Features (Click to view)
- Leica Blog Interview
- The Financial Times - Caffeine For Connoisseurs With A Conscience
- The Independent - Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu, Maldives
- The Independent - The UK Funeral Awards
- The Independent - The First Night On The All Night Tube
- The Independent - Can Porn Be Art?
- The Independent - 420 Protest
- The Independent - David Bowie Tribute Party
- The Independent - Candy Crush
- The Independent - Lumiere London
- The Independent - Music On The Underground
- NPR - Ethiopia's Coffee Farmer Are On The Front Lines Of Climate Change
- The Metro - Inside The UK's 10th Rock Paper Scissors Championship
- Buzzfeed - Interview and London Underground Series
- South China Morning Post - China Photo Series
- Fria Tidningen Newspaper - Front Cover - Calais Refugee Camp
- Timeout London - London Street Photo Series
- Timeout London - London Photo Hunt
- Timeout London - Christmas Photo Feature
- The Independent Photographer - Selected Work & Interview
- Adobe Fotolia - Colour Lost London
- Creative Boom - Rwandan Coffee
- Creative Boom - London Photo Series
- Creative Boom - Paris Photo Series
- My Modern Met - Morocco Series
- Graine De Photographe - YellowBluePink
- Neoprime Fine Arts Magazine
- Street Spot Magazine
- Fubiz - YellowBluePink
- Fubiz - Morocco Series
- Fubiz - London Series
- Foto Telegraf - London Street Series
- MC - Ann Veronica's YellowBluePink
- UClick VFrame - Interview and Photo Feature
- Edge of Humanity - Faces Of London
- Kouti Pandoras - Morocco Series
- Kolos - Loneliness In London
- Loqueva - Rwanda Feature
- Zeutch - London Series
- Cours Photographie
- Coffee Talk Magazine - Rwanda Series
- Keblog - Rwanda
- Keblog - Morocco
- Design Father Magazine
- Ponto Final - Macau
- Steve Huff - Camera Review
- Steve Huff - Lens Review